Drum pumps and Barrel pumps
Drum pumps and barrel pumps for pumping low viscosity fluids out of various containers
FLUX drum pumps, barrel pumps and container pumps are suitable for pumping various low-viscosity and also especially aggressive and highly-flammable fluids. Constructed on the modular design, different pumps are able to be driven by the same motor. As a result of their low weight the pumps can be easily carried from container to container. The easy handling of motor and pump keeps changeover times short.
FLUX drum, barrel and container pumps are available in versions with explosion protection, with 3A certification as well as FLUX FOOD pumps (Directive (EC) 1935/2004 and FDA CFR 21 compliant).
We also offer a large selection of suitable electric (electric drum pump and barrel pump) and pneumatic (compressed air operated drum pump and barrel pump) motors.
Areas of application of the FLUX drum pumps
- For smaller quantities JUNIORFLUX/COMBIFLUX
The small drum pumps JUNIORFLUX and COMBIFLUX are particularly suitable for filling comparatively small quantities from containers such as cans up to 200 litre drums.
- For various applications and fluids (Series 400)
Such as acids, alkalis, fuels (petrol, diesel), oils, chemicals, water as well as pharmaceutical and cosmetic media and much more.
- For disinfectants and cleaning agents
Drum pumps in stainless steel and polypropylene for pumping and dosing disinfectants and cleaning agents.
- For atex areas in ex-version
FLUX manufactures a range of drum and container pumps for use in ATEX zoned areas (to ATEX Directive 2014/34/EU). These products are notified by the red Ex symbol.
- For food & hygienic applications
FLUX FOOD Drum pumps meet the latest European safety standards for food contact surfaces. They comply with Regulation (EC) No. 1935/2004 and the ”Plastics“ Regulation (EU) 10/2011 and are allowed to bear the glass-fork symbol.
- For pre-assembled pump kits/sets
FLUX drum pumps are available in various types for almost all liquids:
- sealless drum pump for pumping only one medium (F/FP 424),
- drum pump with mechanical seal for frequent medium changes (F/FP 430),
- drum pump for 99,98% drum emptying (F/FP 425),
- drum pums for mixing and/or pumping (F 426),
- drum pump for hygienic applications (F/FP 427),
- drum pump for horizontal use (F430 TR),
- ibc pump MINIFLUX for horizontal use at the ibc,
- container pump for higher delivery heads (F430 PP)
- overview drum, barrel, container types
FLUX drum pumps are available in the following materials:
- stainless steel for corrosive and neutral liquids and for the pharmaceutical-, cosmetic- and food industy,
- polypropylene and polyvinylidene fluoride for acids and alkalis,
- aluminium for fuels like diesel and oils and
- hastelloy-c for aggressive acids and alkalis
Moreover especially pre-configured pump sets/kits for typical applications are available.
In combination with a flow meter, a semi-automatic filling systems can also be configured - for precise dosing, quite simply with push of a button.
How is a drum pump and barrel pump constructed?
The perfect duo!
FLUX drum pumps and barrel pumps operate on the principle of the axial-impeller pumps and provide a pulsation-free pumping action. The motor drives the drive shaft via a coupling. At the end of the drive shaft there is a propeller-like impeller. The impeller must be completely covered with the medium so the pump can work. With the rotation, the medium is axially transferred to the outlet, i.e. parallel to the pump shaft. All pump types can be temporarily operated against closed valve (hand nozzle, ball valve) up to the indicated max. operating temperature.
The right drum pump, barrel pump and container pump for every container
Users of our drum pumps, barrel pumps and container pumps often ask themselves “what immersion length do we actually need for our containers?” We offer all FLUX drum, barrel and container pumps in the standard immersion lengths 700 mm, 1,000 mm and 1,200 mm. Of course, we can also offer special lengths from approx. 300 mm up to 3,000 mm for your specific needs.
Suitable motors for every requirement
For driving FLUX drum pumps, a wide range of electrical to pneumatic motors is available. Even if you work in hazardous areas or with flammable liquids. Depending on the application, FLUX drum and container pumps can be combined with different motors - commutator motors, brushless motors, three-phase motors and pneumatic motors.
You have the choice
Are you looking for a suitable combination of electric or pneumatic drive motors and a barrel pump or drum pump? The extensive FLUX product range offers you a unique selection of drum pumps in materials such as stainless steel, polypropylene, aluminum and hastelloy-c as well as motors. In addition, there is a large number of O-ring materials and different rotors for the desired delivery rate.
Our qualified FLUX consultants will be happy to help you choose the right pump. Simply contact us with your requirements and we will of course offer you free advice and the creation of a suitable offer for your application. Our competent specialist advisors will be happy to help you choose the right drum pump.
Good to know when selecting the pump type
Mechanical seal or without seal
For standard applications, FLUX provides two high-quality pump types: pumps with mechanical seal or pumps without seal in the liquid area. Both pump types have an ingenious design.
Drum pump with mechanical seal
- Ideal for frequent medium changes, hardening media, fast drying media, crystallizing media
- Can be taken apart into main components easily and quickly for cleaning
- Higher service life on abrasive media compared to sealless pumps
- High stability plastic pumps enable immersion lengths of up to 3.000 mm
- Versions in stainless steel and Hastelloy C can be used in hazardous areas*
- FOOD version conforms EC 1935/2004 and FDA CFR 21 for contact with food
* according to EC Directive 2014/34/EU
Drum pump sealless
- No seal wear
- Optimal emptying of the inner tube
- High service life
- Low wear of guide bearing and shaft
- Long bearing life
- Particularly suited for hydrochloric acid and chromic acid
- Stainless steel version for use in hazardous areas*
- Versions for use with AdBlue® also available
Impellers for the requested delivery rate
- FLUX offers two different types of impellers.
- The geometry of the axial impeller provides for small flow losses in circumferential direction, flow is almost completely axial. Used when high flow rates are required at low pressure requirements.
- The geometry of the semi-axial impellers (Z-version) provides mainly for a flow in circumferential direction. Combined with the pressure ring, the flow is redirected in axial direction. This provides a higher delivery pressure at a lower delivery rate. Semi-axial impellers are used in case of an increased pressure requirement.
- All impellers are in ethylene-tetrafluoroethylene (ETFE).
- Axial impeller with diameter 38 mm is also available in stainless steel.
Use of axial impellers
- For high delivery rates
- For light media (density up to1.3 kg/dm³)
- For short discharge lines
- For small differences in height
- For low pressure losses
Use of semi-axial impellers (Z-version)
- For high delivery heads
- For heavy media (density from 1.3 kg/dm³)
- For long discharge lines
- For big differences in height
- For pressure losses due to valves and fittings
Technical data sheets
- Outer diameter of different series 400 drum pump types and impeller diameter resp. geometries
- Materials of different series 400 drm pump types and standard combination with O-ring materials
Overview of series 400 drum pump types:
Quick and easy to select the right pump for your requirement
Overview Industry sectors
Technical datas JUNIORFLUX/COMBIFLUX:
- For containers: canisters, hobbocks, ~ 200 l drums, ~ 1000 l IBC
- Dellivery rate: max. 60 l/min*
- Delivery head: max. 8,5 mwc
- Viscosity: max. 250 mPas
- Motor drive: electric
Technical datas serie 400:
- For containers: hobbocks, ~ 200 l drums, ~ 1000 l IBC, > 1000 l tanks
- Delivery rate: max. 240 l/min*
- Delivery head: max. 30 mwc
- Viscosity: max. 1.200 mPas
- Motor drive: electric/pneumatic
- Available certificates: Ex, Food, 3A, FDA
*The maximum delivery rate is a test bench value, measured with water at 20 °C at the pressure port of the pump, without accessories (hose, nozzle, flow meter). The practically achievable delivery rate is lower. It depends on the individual application, the fluid properties and the pump configuration. Please refer to technical data sheets / performance diagrams.