Drum pumps and Barrel pumps
Drum pumps and barrel pumps for pumping low viscosity fluids out of various containers
FLUX drum pumps, barrel pumps and container pumps are suitable for pumping various low-viscosity and also especially aggressive and highly-flammable fluids. Constructed on the modular design, different pumps are able to be driven by the same motor. As a result of their low weight the pumps can be easily carried from container to container. The easy handling of motor and pump keeps changeover times short.
FLUX drum, barrel and container pumps are available in versions with explosion protection, with 3A certification as well as FLUX FOOD pumps (Directive (EC) 1935/2004 and FDA CFR 21 compliant).
We also offer a large selection of suitable electric (electric drum pump and barrel pump) and pneumatic (compressed air operated drum pump and barrel pump) motors.
Areas of application of the FLUX drum pumps
- For smaller quantities JUNIORFLUX/COMBIFLUX
The small drum pumps JUNIORFLUX and COMBIFLUX are particularly suitable for filling comparatively small quantities from containers such as cans up to 200 litre drums.
- For various applications and fluids (Series 400)
Such as acids, alkalis, fuels (petrol, diesel), oils, chemicals, water as well as pharmaceutical and cosmetic media and much more.
- For disinfectants and cleaning agents
Drum pumps in stainless steel and polypropylene for pumping and dosing disinfectants and cleaning agents.
- For atex areas in ex-version
FLUX manufactures a range of drum and container pumps for use in ATEX zoned areas (to ATEX Directive 2014/34/EU). These products are notified by the red Ex symbol.
- For food & hygienic applications
FLUX FOOD Drum pumps meet the latest European safety standards for food contact surfaces. They comply with Regulation (EC) No. 1935/2004 and the ”Plastics“ Regulation (EU) 10/2011 and are allowed to bear the glass-fork symbol.
- For pre-assembled pump kits/sets
FLUX drum pumps are available in various types for almost all liquids:
- sealless drum pump for pumping only one medium (F/FP 424),
- drum pump with mechanical seal for frequent medium changes (F/FP 430),
- drum pump for 99,98% drum emptying (F/FP 425),
- drum pums for mixing and/or pumping (F 426),
- drum pump for hygienic applications (F/FP 427),
- drum pump for horizontal use (F430 TR),
- ibc pump MINIFLUX for horizontal use at the ibc,
- container pump for higher delivery heads (F430 PP)
- overview drum, barrel, container types
FLUX drum pumps are available in the following materials:
- stainless steel for corrosive and neutral liquids and for the pharmaceutical-, cosmetic- and food industy,
- polypropylene and polyvinylidene fluoride for acids and alkalis,
- aluminium for fuels like diesel and oils and
- hastelloy-c for aggressive acids and alkalis
Moreover especially pre-configured pump sets/kits for typical applications are available.
In combination with a flow meter, a semi-automatic filling systems can also be configured - for precise dosing, quite simply with push of a button.
How is a drum pump and barrel pump constructed?
The perfect duo!
FLUX drum pumps and barrel pumps operate on the principle of the axial-impeller pumps and provide a pulsation-free pumping action. The motor drives the drive shaft via a coupling. At the end of the drive shaft there is a propeller-like impeller. The impeller must be completely covered with the medium so the pump can work. With the rotation, the medium is axially transferred to the outlet, i.e. parallel to the pump shaft. All pump types can be temporarily operated against closed valve (hand nozzle, ball valve) up to the indicated max. operating temperature.
The right drum pump, barrel pump and container pump for every container
Users of our drum pumps, barrel pumps and container pumps often ask themselves “what immersion length do we actually need for our containers?” We offer all FLUX drum, barrel and container pumps in the standard immersion lengths 700 mm, 1,000 mm and 1,200 mm. Of course, we can also offer special lengths from approx. 300 mm up to 3,000 mm for your specific needs.
You have the choice
Are you looking for a suitable combination of electric or pneumatic drive motors and a barrel pump or drum pump? The extensive FLUX product range offers you a unique selection of drum pumps in materials such as stainless steel, polypropylene, aluminum and hastelloy-c as well as motors. In addition, there is a large number of O-ring materials and different rotors for the desired delivery rate.
Our qualified FLUX consultants will be happy to help you choose the right pump. Simply contact us with your requirements and we will of course offer you free advice and the creation of a suitable offer for your application. Our competent specialist advisors will be happy to help you choose the right drum pump, request a quote now!
Overview Industry sectors
Technical datas JUNIORFLUX/COMBIFLUX:
- For containers: canisters, hobbocks, ~ 200 l drums, ~ 1000 l IBC
- Dellivery rate: max. 60 l/min*
- Delivery head: max. 8,5 mwc
- Viscosity: max. 250 mPas
- Motor drive: electric
Technical datas serie 400:
- For containers: hobbocks, ~ 200 l drums, ~ 1000 l IBC, > 1000 l tanks
- Delivery rate: max. 240 l/min*
- Delivery head: max. 30 mwc
- Viscosity: max. 1.200 mPas
- Motor drive: electric/pneumatic
- Available certificates: Ex, Food, 3A, FDA
*The maximum delivery rate is a test bench value, measured with water at 20 °C at the pressure port of the pump, without accessories (hose, nozzle, flow meter). The practically achievable delivery rate is lower. It depends on the individual application, the fluid properties and the pump configuration. Please refer to technical data sheets / performance diagrams.